OJIPA was founded by Associate Professor Dr. Shafick Osman in 2020, at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. The aim of the Ottawa Journal of International and Public Affairs is to give young researchers, particularly from Africa and Asia, but also from other geographical areas, the opportunity to publish in both English and French.
As soon as we had the concept in mind, a number of university professors and researchers in several countries were contacted for the framework of the journal. After a few weeks, an editorial committee was set up, as well as a scientific committee. Associate editors were then appointed.
The journal was created in 2020, but it has to be said that due to the pandemic but also, and above all, to the editor's other very busy professional commitments, OJIPA was not able to come out in 2021 as planned. It is only in July 2023 that the first issue has been published.
The journal will promote the publication of articles and reviews, as well as interviews, from young researchers, PhD graduates and doctoral students, as well as senior members of the field. Special consideration will be given to submissions from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and the Pacific.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shafick Osman (Florida International University, USA)
● Emeritus Prof. Dr. Christian Bouchard (Laurentian University, Canada)
● Prof. Dr. Sanjay Chaturvedi (South Asian University, India)
● Prof. Dr. Romeela Mohee (University of Mauritius, Mauritius)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. William Guéraiche (University of Wollongong in Dubai, UAE)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chinnaiah Jangam (Carleton University, Canada)
● Prof. Dr. Syed Farid Alatas (National University of Singapore)
● Prof. Dr. Abdallah Fili (Chouaib Doukkali University, Morocco)
● Prof. Dr. Nitish Monebhurrun (University Center of Brasilia, Brazil)
● Prof. Dr. Mohammad Santally (University of Mauritius, Mauritius)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Iqbal Akhtar (Florida International University, USA)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Issa Asgarally (Open University of Mauritius, Mauritius)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vallabhu Srilatha (Telangana Mahila Viswavidyalayam, India)
● Dr. Salma Sairally (International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, Malaysia)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Iqbal Akhtar (USA)
● Prof. Dr. Syed Farid Alatas (Singapore)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Issa Asgarally (Mauritius)
● Dr. Saoud Moussa Baccus (Canada)
● Dr. Mitrasen Bhikajee (Mauritius)
● Dr. Nittin Essoo (Mauritius)
● Prof. Dr. Abdallah Fili (Morocco)
● Dr. Aboud Jumbe (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
● Dr. Thomas Krimmel (Mauritius)
● Dr. Praveen Mohadeb (Mauritius)
● Prof. Dr. Nitish Monebhurrun (Brazil)
● Dr. Jonathan Ravat OSK (Mauritius)
● Dr. Salma Sairally (Mauritius & Malaysia)
● Prof. Dr. Mohammad Santally (Mauritius)
● Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vallabhu Srilatha (India)