PRICE UPDATE: The price of the publication is now at 15 EUR (as from 31 August 2023), the price in EUR but also the equivalent prices in GBP, USD, etc. will be shown on the various platforms accordingly in the days to come.
This is the very first edition of the renowned journal Outre-Terre in English! The Pacific in the 'Asian Century' is the fruit of some six months of collaboration between Adrien Rodd, Guest Editor of Issue 58-59 and Editor-in-chief (International-English) of Outre-Terre, and Ghazipur Ltd.
The Pacific in the 'Asian Century' is available, inter alia, at:
We thank the Director of the journal, Emeritus Professor Michel Korinman, and Adrien Rodd, Senior Lecturer in British and Commonwealth Studies, for their valuable support in this achievement.
The authors that have participated in this double issue 58-59 are:
- Annick Cizel, Senior Lecturer in American civilisation at the Sorbonne-Nouvelle University, France, and a member of the Centre for Research on the English-speaking World (CREW).
- Xinyuan Dai, Associate Professor of Political Science at the Center for Global Studies at the University of Illinois (USA).
- Alexandre Dayant, Researcher at the Lowy Institute, a think tank of experts whose aim is to inform Australian foreign and defence policies in the light of a changing international context, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
at the Centre for European Studies at the Australian National University in
- Laurent Gédéon, Lecturer in Geopolitics at the Catholic University of Lyon (UCLy) and teaches at the Lyon Institute of Political Studies (France).
- Sébastien Goulard, Consultant and Doctor in Regional Development, working with political leaders, non-governmental organisations and companies.
- Tewfik Hamel, Researcher in Military History and Defence Studies at the Centre de recherches interdisciplinaires en Sciences humaines et sociales (CRISES) at the Paul Valéry University (Montpellier III), France.
of Practice in Economics at the University of New South Wales School of
- Joshua Holmes, Postgraduate student in the Department of Political Science at the University of Illinois (USA) and co-authored Xinyuan Dai's article for this issue of Outre-Terre.
- Christian Lechervy, French Ambassador to Burma. Ambassador of France to Turkmenistan from 2006 to 2009, he was advisor to President François Hollande on strategic Asia-Pacific affairs from 2012 to 2014, then Permanent Secretary for the Pacific and Ambassador of France to the Pacific Community from 2014 to 2018.
- Jean-Paul Maréchal, Associate Professor in Economics at the University of Paris Sud (France).
May, Emeritus Fellow
at the School of Strategic, Political and International Studies at the College
of Asia and the Pacific, Australian National University.
Rodd, Guest Editor of
this double issue of Outre-Terre and Senior Lecturer in British and
Commonwealth Studies at the Centre for Cultural Studies of Contemporary
Societies (CHCSC) at the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines and
at the Institute of Political Studies in Saint-Germain-en-Laye (France).
- Kendra Roddis, former International Relations student at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch (New Zealand) and Navigation Officer in the Royal New Zealand Navy.
- Mark Rolls, Senior Lecturer in East Asian Political and Security Issues at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
Siekiera, Lawyer specialized in International Law and Researcher at the Faculty of Law at the University of
Bergen in Norway.
- Henry Szadziewski, Doctoral Researcher in Geo-economics at the University of Hawaii (USA) and Research Director of the Uyghur Human Rights Project, a non-governmental organisation based in Washington (USA).
- Alexander C. Tan, Professor and Head of the Department of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.